Welcome to The Arc NWMS!
Please join us on
Monday, August 27, 2018
5:00 - 9:00 P.M.
McAlister's Deli - Southaven
Cookin' With The Arc
The Arc NWMS Cookbook
Cookbooks make great gifts!
Buy a cookbook get a pot holder FREE, while supplies last!
There are several ways to pay:
Pay by check: Make your check out to “The Arc NWMS”, place in Memo line “Cookbook.”
Mail your check to 6515 Goodman Road #281, Olive Branch, MS 38654 or
Bring it to our office at 5847 Getwell Road, Building 3 Suite 3, Getwell Road, Southaven, MS 38672
Click the “Add to Cart” button below to pay and have it shipped to you or anyone you might like to gift this awesome cookbook too.
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Treadway at email@example.com.
Supper Club & Supper Club Junior
PARENT SUPPORT GROUP MEETING
Little House Art Project
WEIGHTED BLANKET PROJECT
Attention Kroger Shoppers!
Please click the link below and sign up for Community Rewards to support The Arc Northwest Mississippi.
Every time you use your Kroger Card you will be helping people with special needs!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS
1. If you already have a Kroger Account, click "sign in." If you do not have a Kroger Account, go to step #6
2. Enter your email and password.
3. If you have forgotten your password, click on "Forgot your password?" and Kroger will send you an email to reset your password.
4. You will be prompted to enter the number or the name of the organization: The Arc Northwest Mississippi or 14251.
5. You are DONE! Thank you for supporting The Arc Northwest Mississippi.
6. Click "Create an Account" and fill out the information.
7. Enter your Card or Alternate ID Number with your Last Name.
8. You will be prompted to enter the number or the name of the organization: The Arc Northwest Mississippi or 14252.
9. You are DONE! Thank you for supporting The Arc Northwest Mississippi.
To support charity, always shop at smile.amazon.com
Drag this box to your bookmarks or favorites bar to create a shortcut to smile.amazon.com.
Your shopping matters. Shop Amazon at smile.amazon.com/ch/46-4985893 and Amazon donates to The Arc of Northwest Mississippi.
Would you like to join the National Arc's Mailing List?
Joining the email list will allow you to keep up with all the news from the National Arc.
- Go to thearc.org
- Go to the subtitle " Who We Are"
- Go down to "Contact Us" and enter all of your information
- Lastly, be sure to check the box that says you would like to recieve emails from the Arc.
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM AROUND OUR COMMUNITY
Coalition for Citizens with Disabilities
4th Annual Special Education Law Conference & CLE
Down Syndrome Association of Memphis & the Mid-South Events
DSAM 2018 Calendar at a Glance
7/23-7/27 i Can Bike Camp
7/24 Step Up For Down Syndrome Committee Meeting
7/28 Family Bowling-Cordova Bowling Center RSVP by 7/23
9/15 "Save the Date" * Down Syndrome Awareness Picnic, Southaven, MS
10/21 "Save the Date" Step Up For Down Syndrome, Christian Brothers University
Every Monday - Self-Advocate Classes at the DSAM Office
Check out the Event Calendar on the DSAM website regularly for additions and updates
Mississippi Department of Mental Health Helpline
If you have a concern about the care your loved one is receiving or need help,
call the MS DMH Helpline.
Scent Evidence K9
Human Scent Preservation Kit
Using a scent pad that has been correctly preserved within a sealed sterile jar reduces the start time of the K9 team. When other articles, such as clothing, are used to collect the person's scent , it may be necessary to dismiss the scent of other people (e.g., other members of the household, law enforcement personnel, healthcare providers, etc.) whose scent may have contaminated these articles.
Having a scent pad that has been correctly preserved within a sealed sterile jar increases law enforcement and search personnel awareness of human scent discriminate K9 teams. Properly trained human scent discriminate K9 teams are capable of trailing in high traffic areas, on multiple types of surfaces, with trails that are over 24 hours old and vehicle trails.
*Each kit comes with a jar, lid, sterile gauze pad, tamper proof tape, label and instruction booklet.
To get your own Human Scent Preservation Kit contact Director William Nichols with the DeSoto County Sheriff's Department at (901) 282-7473 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know you can sign up for grocery pick up?
The following Kroger Stores offer ClickList shopping:
- Kroger Southaven - Goodman/Getwell 3095 Goodman Rd. E, Southaven, MS 38672
- Kroger Olive Branch - 7427 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch, MS 38654
- Kroger Horn Lake - Goodman/Horn Lake 3926 Goodman Rd. W, Horn Lake, MS 38637
- Kroger Marketplace - Hernando 2380 Mount Pleasant Rd., Hernando, MS 38632
Start shopping at https://www.kroger.com/onlineshopping/signin
The following Wal Mart Stores offer online grocery shopping:
- WalMart Southaven - 6811 Southcrest Pkwy., Southaven, MS 38671
- WalMart Olive Branch - 7950 Craft Goodman Frontage Rd., Olive Branch, MS 38654
- WalMart Horn Lake - 4150 Goodman Rd. W, Horn Lake, MS 38637
Start shopping at https://grocery.walmart.com/
Longview Heights Baptist Church
4501 Goodman Road
Olive Branch, MS 38654
Four Friends Special Needs Ministry
Longview Point Baptist Church
1100 McIngvale Road
Hernando, MS 38632
Hidden Treasures Special Needs Ministry
7875 Getwell Road
Southaven, MS 38672
5998 Elmore Road
Southaven, MS 38671