Please join us for our next meeting on Monday, August 14, 2015 from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
at Longview Heights Baptist Church Chapel.
Our guest speaker will be PAM DOLLAR from MSPTI.
Don't miss this opportunity to learn more about IDEA law and IEP's.
Do you have questions about your child's education, and the school's legal responsibilities?
Come on and get the answers you need. Child care will be provided.
Documents and Power Point from Dr. Williamson's August 10th Presentation
The Arc Northwest Mississippi
The Arc of Mississippi was founded in 1961 and is an affiliate of The Arc of the United States, the world's largest grassroots advocacy organization for citizens of all ages with cognitive, intellectual, and developmental disabilities, and their families.
The Arc of Mississippi works to include all children and adults with cognitive, intellectual, and developmental disabilities in every community. We focus on abilities, respect, choice for all and encourage active citizenship and inclusion in every community.
- One in every ten families in America has a member with an intellectual and developmental disability.
- One in 68 children are diagnosed with autism.
- There are more than 7.5 million people in the U.S. with an intellectual and developmental disability.
- Cognitive/intellectual disability is a condition, not a disease.
- People with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families are valued, respected and included in all communities.
- People with intellectual and developmental disabilities direct their own lives.
- People choose their services and supports from many available sources.
- People are empowered through nonprofit advocacy. State and federal governments administer programs and set budgets that meet everyone's needs.